Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Update on this evening's shindig

My dearest Nora, wherever thou mayst roam,

So far, only two of my flatmates (Party Boy I & II), and their two loud, but otherwise friendly, friends have shown up. Party Boy II got into a tiff with PB I over the general state of cleanliness of the apartment, which is a completely valid thing to bring up. He stormed out and went across the hall to Loud Genius' place, which, I hope, means that neither he nor his loud girlfriend will be making an appearance here this evening.

I've done well to drown them out with The Beatles catalogue and have made vast improvements in my mood (Three cheers!), and have made significant progress on my physiology notecards. Only three more PowerPoint files to go through!

As I was following the diagram of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome symptoms, and testing myself on several of them just for kicks, the smoke alarms went off.

Pompous Pre-Med, or whatever I've called him in the past, came flying out of his room at the same time as me to see what was the matter. Party Boy I is cooking something on the stovetop, and the layers upon layers of crud and bits of broken-off Ramen noodles on the burners...well, started burning.

I took this with a positive attitude and announced my satisfaction over the fact that I would now no longer require any sort of caffeine for the remainder of the evening.

EDIT, one hour later: Some loud girl I've never see before showed up, Yankee Girl With A Stripper Name showed up, and just now Loud Genius walked in. The time is 10:12 p.m. The TV is blaring, everyone is congregated in the living room yelling and trying to out-laugh (in terms of volume) each other.

I better get quieter, more studious and civilised roommates next fall.


May the grace of He keep you always,

J.O. Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment