Wednesday, January 27, 2010

St. James Infirmary Blues... Well, it's a great song, at least.

My dearest Nora, wherever thou mayst roam,

Still having not received any reply from you, I continue to write...perhaps foolishly, but something deep within won't let me stop. Keeping up with your whereabouts is difficult, especially since such great distances separate us. Thankfully, the innkeepers continually, and quite kindly, provide your forwarding address. It has only happened a few times, but when a letter comes back in the post as being undeliverable, I fear the worst. Send me some indication of your continued good health and happiness, or tell me to bugger off. The choice is yours. Just, please, say something.

I write today to inform you of the news that next weekend, I'll be interviewing for a volunteer position at the local infirmary. My excitement can barely be contained, especially at the thought of getting placed in my top choice. More details as developments emerge.

May the grace of He keep you always,

J.O. Morris

P.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment