Thursday, January 7, 2010

Therapy with the PGA Tour

My dearest Nora, wherever thou mayst roam,

Previously unbeknownst to me was the return of the PGA Tour! Last year, I jumped in during the month of June on a complete whim on an anxiety-riddled and quite sleepless evening. The Golf Channel was televising some amateur match and I was stricken by the calm and hushed tone of the announcers...it was such a welcome change from the majority of other television channels. As you may recall, I'm a quiet and reserved person generally and loud-mouthed television personalities are particularly grating. As I was saying, before I knew what had happened, two anxiety-free and relaxing hours had passed. I had found my anti-anxiety wonder drug, without requiring prescription medication! All I had to do was put on the Golf Channel for a bit and all was calm. Naturally, I had to devise a more practical approach and began imagining myself out there on the course on a nice, crisp and cold day, all by myself...nothing but me and the chirping birds. Terribly effective, especially when my patience is being tried by my annoyingly immature and sloppy roommates.

Looking forward to the year in PGA Tour golf!

May the grace of He keep you always,

J.O. Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment