Saturday, January 23, 2010

Things

My dearest Nora, wherever thou mayst roam,

Some things on my mind:

Finished The Dharma Bums today on the bus home, and with nearly perfect timing...finished the last sentence about a minute before my stop.

One of the last great quotes from the book:

"But let the mind beware, that though the flesh be bugged, the circumstances of existence are pretty glorious."

Took the night off, watched a couple of films, and had a few beers with my pre-med cohorts. It was a good time. In between films, we discussed several aspects of organic chemistry in depth and I stepped back from it for a second to realise what was taking place. Instead of being out chatting up females on this Friday evening, four intelligent, not-bad-looking guys were sitting around in an apartment sorely in need of a good cleaning arguing over reaction mechanisms. It was a strange moment, but I swiftly came to the realisation that there were few places that I'd rather be. I'm so thankful to have the opportunity to pursue my academic interests, and to have other people equally as enthusiastic to discuss it all with.

Kate Beckinsale is...astounding. That accent, too.... Oh. My.

My alarm is set to go off in approximately six hours. Approximately one hour later, I'll be with my nose in a book revising for an exam on Monday...probably put in a good 12 hours, and another on Sunday. Glad I'm stocked up on coffee.

Noticed a girl walking in the opposite direction on campus today. She was checking me out, no question, because when I took notice and reciprocated, she smiled. I smiled. As she passed, I fought with all of my might to resist the urge to turn around and initiate conversation. Had to get to physio lab, though, and was pressed for time. She was quite lovely, but perhaps a bit short. Brunette, blue eyes, slight tan. Mm.

Got asked to go on a road trip with a girl who I think might be chasing after me. The adventure is right up my alley, but to accept would send the wrong message. Complications. Needless. Darn. Darn That Dream. Good song.

That about rounds it out.

May the grace of He keep you always,

J.O. Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment