Monday, January 11, 2010

Overjoyed at the prospects of this term

My dearest Nora, wherever thou mayst roam,


The return of the previously mentioned coat was an uneventful one, and I traded it in for a nice overcoat that compliments my wardrobe nicely. Wore it today, as a matter of fact.

Upon return to my apartment last eve, I discovered soon that the heater was not working. Temperatures were to drop to the upper 20s (F) overnight. As midnight approached, despite our best efforts, the apartment became quite frigid. When I retired for the evening (approximately 1 a.m.), I added four layers to three I'd already been wearing on my upper body, and another two layers below the waist. My bed was unfortunately a pretty solid retainer of cold and it took some time to get it warm. So, there I was, dressed for the arctic just to sleep. I am quite enamoured with cold weather, but I draw the line here.

Classes today were good. I have lovely lady friends in each of them, which I did not know was the case until arriving today! A welcome surprise. My organic professor (didn't take the same fellow I had last term--hated his manner of teaching) is much more tuned to my style, and there are twice the number of tests as the other professor gives. I don't expect to do poorly (Can't! Won't!), but the security of the grade being spread out makes me breathe a little easier. Physiology is going to be amazing. My professor is, first of all, absolutely stunning. She is of middle eastern descent and has the most wonderful accent...her voice is terribly cute. She is, unfortunately, married to my all-time favourite professor. Boo to that. The material seems easy enough, and she uses the same format for lectures and exams as her husband, so I'm in good shape. I have never had an extremely good-looking professor before, so this is a real treat.

Waiting to hear back from the hospital about my application for volunteering...excited to begin. Equally excited to begin planning the charity tournament with my friends in a pre-medical student organisation...good fun, and an interesting young lady with whom I've exchanged shy banter signed on for that committee. Looking forward, indeed, to seeing where that might end up.

I am excited to resume my studies and feel "at home" once again.

May the grace of He keep you always,

J.O. Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment