Friday, April 16, 2010

A thought, just now

My dearest Nora, wherever thou mayst roam,

I think that I should someday like to have a small, yet diverse, library in my home. To own several old books with relatively drab and unassuming covers, but with a wealth of entertainment and that comforting smell of aged paper contained within, would be delightful.

My children, should I ever marry and produce some, will most certainly be read Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything. I would hope that it would inspire some of the same awe and wonder that I experienced, and most importantly, the desire to understand more than superficially many of these phenomena.

At the present moment, I think being a father would suit me just fine.

May the grace of He keep you always,

J.O. Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment