Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A remote control to change your situation

Wouldn't it be lovely if there existed a remote control capable of muting others (including the noises they cause)? Yes, I suspect it would be quite lovely.

I don't reckon that I'd use it on too many folks, but you can rest assured that my flatmates would be on permanent mute. How can people stand so much noise?

Currently, Party Boy I and The Pompous One are in the living room with some war-time video game on full blast. Explosions, incessant gun fire, yelling...I've been living in a warzone since August. Can't say as though I'm all that happy about it.

A lot of my problems could be solved with such a simple device. Perhaps a few swift punches to the noses of these animals might do the trick...

Now, now, Josiah.

P.S. In search of some sort of high point today, I went to the driving range. Didn't find what I was looking for at all. Every last shot was worthless...most aggravating time of it I've ever had.

2 comments:

  1. Feel your pain.

    Had to eat dinner tonight to the sound of some medieval civil war in the background as well (simply because for once I didn't feel like eating in my bedroom).

    Ugghhhhh. I am thinking of starting a countdown on my blog to "days left in res". My roommates might see it though and take offense (I know two of them read my blog...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, oh, I don't know that they'd be offended. I can't imagine anyone actually like living in such conditions, unless they're away from home for the very first time and have a bit of a wild streak or something. That novelty, from what I've seen, seems to wear off rather quickly. I do suppose it's best to err on the side of safety, though...definitely the route I'd take!

    ReplyDelete