Friday, February 5, 2010

Two in a row

My dearest Nora, wherever thou mayst roam,

Things have been going pretty well between Ms. Eastern Europe and myself, and I've been getting rather excited over what the future might hold. Ran into her twice today...the first time, stopping to talk for a good ten minutes. The second, just a smiley, gottagotoclass,bye! interaction.

As usual, I'd reserved two seats for her and another friend in one of our shared afternoon classes. The other friend informed me a few minutes before class was to begin that she wasn't going to be there. I'd have Ms. Eastern Europe all to myself!

She never showed.

I saw her a few hours after class...

...in the arms of some guy. Some guy I know.

I, in a high-spirited and joking manner, asked what she thought she was doing skipping class. She looked confused and said, "I was there..."

"Oh." I didn't mention that I'd saved her a seat. We finished our conversation and parted ways.

And so it goes.

May the grace of He keep you always,

J.O. Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment