Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It was fun while it lasted

My dearest Nora, wherever thou mayst roam,

Nothing much in the way of exciting or interesting news to report, other than the fact that another first in my life away at university seems to be occurring at the moment.

I reckon I've gone and taken ill.

Party Boy I has been ill, as has been one of his frat boy friends (who has, of course, been practically living on our couch for the past couple of days). Neither of them seem to believe in covering their mouths when they cough, just as a little icing on the cake.

The trouble just started this morning, so to combat it, I've been guzzling orange juice, eating even healthier than normal, and doing my best to take it easy. The goal for this evening is to turn in early and get a good 8-10 hours of wonderful, glorious sleep. Ordinarily, I wouldn't allow myself such a luxury during the week, but I'm left without a choice.

Illness, whereas once it was a constant companion, is now but a scarcely recognisable stranger. The last time our paths intertwined must have been over a year ago. I honestly can't recall.

Some tea sounds quite lovely right about now. My scratchy throat sure could use the soothing that only some jasmine green tea can provide.

May the grace of He keep you always,

J.O. Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment