Thursday, February 4, 2010

An epidemic?

My dearest Nora, wherever thou mayst roam,

Another crying girl spotted this afternoon as I was exiting a building with lovely thoughts of my bed floating around in my mind. Haven't been sleeping much...no time. She had dark brown hair which was put up in little elastic-type hair-holding apparatus. It was pink. On her face, she wore a minimised version of classic geek glasses, as is currently the style. You've seen them. Her eyes were a dark and dull blue, which in my experience is rather rare. She was wearing a black hooded jacket (zipped up, hood not on head) and speaking with someone on her cell phone.

She said, "...people walking in and out of my life..." and was sobbing. She seemed a bit agitated on top of things. I had some sympathetic looks all packaged and ready for delivery, but she looked at me not once as I passed.

So  many sad women lately. I've been on the lookout and haven't seen a single male wandering around looking anywhere near this upset. What's going on?

In other news, I was queued up at the grocery store this evening and resting upon one of the benches by the exit was a young lady. From a distance, she seemed attractive. Who was she waiting on? Wait...is she looking at me? I asked myself this after several exchanges of glances and concluded with some certainty that she was. Well, let's hope that she's still there by the time Mr. Apocalypse in front of me gets his selection of six of everything in the store rung up and bagged and out of my way. My sleepiness has made me a little impatient, but I'd never let on to anyone that such was the case.

When, finally, the chap ahead took his carcass and 3/4 of the store out with him, I was being rung up. As I was waiting for the total, a sensation of nervousness began somewhere around my knees and worked its way up to my throat. I was preparing for the moment in which I would speak some enchanting words, she'd fall for me, and we'd live happily ever after.

The cashier motioned off in the direction of where the girl was sitting, as if to say, "Just another minute!" Suddenly, I put two and two together. As I was leaving the store, the girl was gone and I saw her return to her seat in the reflection on the window.

And so it goes.

May the grace of He keep you always,

J.O. Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment