Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I'm a steamroller

My dearest Nora, wherever thou mayst roam,

In traveling along the sinusoidal wave that has been my educational experience (err, life!) thus far, naturally, I've hit my low points. Earlier today, I was gearing up to cross the x-axis in the negative direction with some indecision, some second-guessing, and some self-doubt. Typically, I ride the wave and always press on.

Tonight, however, I think I've finally learned that if I want to take the absolute value of this function called life, I can prevent the dips across into the negative values. The decision is mine. Surely, there will be intervals during which the function will be decreasing, but never negative.

Thanks very much to the kind and patient physician this evening who took the time to speak to me. It was precisely what I needed to hear, precisely the moment at which it needed hearing. Lessons learned that will not soon be forgotten, indeed.

May the grace of He keep you always,

J.O. Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment