Thursday, February 25, 2010

Perfect Day

To whom it may concern:

Lou Reed's "Perfect Day" is being used in some commercial with a snowboarder in a halfpipe who ends up in space. I've got the Olympics on whilst I whittle away at some homework. Curling's on and I'm enjoying very casually watching Candian and Swiss women have at it. There's one woman on the Swiss team with the most striking eyes...she's kind of tan, dark hair, but really light grey-ish eyes. Amazing.

Anyway, the point I wanted to make with this post is that when I heard "Perfect Day," the thing which popped into mind straight away was Trainspotting. That song is forever tied to the overdose moment and still, after all these years, gives me that uncomfortable bit of churn in my stomach...anguish, like, "Why'd that have to go and happen?" Great filmmaking causes that. Yes, indeed.

Moments like those make me want to dig out my old camera and jump back in.

All the best,

J.O. Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment