Thursday, March 11, 2010

Incompetence

To whom it may concern:

Twice this week there have been mix-ups regarding appointment times by secretaries in the medical environment. I have a follow-up appointment tomorrow to go over some blood work (routine), but the secretary swore up and down that I'd scheduled it for two weeks from yesterday. No, ma'am, I'll be either in class or in the library at that time two weeks from yesterday...a good 100 miles from your office. Finally got it sorted it out, but she still made me feel like it was my mistake. Uncharacteristic for secretaries at my physician's office. Bad day, maybe.

The other mix-up, as of yet unresolved, is over a meeting time at the big city hospital. There were three options available, and due to various appointments on the other days, I had to select the last option. I received a reminder call about the meeting this morning, which seemed a bit premature...but then the automated system told me that I'm scheduled for tomorrow at 10 a.m. Hmm, no. No, I'm not. My appointment isn't for two weeks. I called and spoke to the secretary, who also seemed to think that I should be in attendance at the meeting tomorrow. I explained that I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow, which is why I'd scheduled it for a few weeks down the line. She said that she'd have to consult (someone, couldn't understand who) and get back to me. It's been four hours. I suppose that, with close of business fast approaching, I should ring them up again.

Come on, people.

In the normal run of things, I'd probably just shake my head and not think much else about this, but I got rained out of my tee time at one of my favourite golf courses this morning and it's left me feeling a bit grumpy. That's twice that weather conditions have prevented my playing there this spring break. Doesn't look like I'll be playing there at all until just before the summer term begins. I might get in one more round before classes resume...not holding my breath.

All the best,

J.O. Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment