Saturday, December 12, 2009

For No One

My dearest Nora, wherever thou mayst roam,

Should this letter, this desperate attempt to connect, reach you, I am hoping that it finds you well.

Things have changed since last our speaking, so very much so that I dare say recognition upon first, second, and perhaps third glance would not be forthcoming. Out of nowhere, a chiseled jawline has developed and a variety of creases surrounding my oral cavity have worked in concert to bring a more striking, rugged, and ever-so-slightly more masculine appearance. Some things, however, have not followed suit and remain precisely as they were at the time of your departure; undoubtedly of most humour to you is the fact that still, at the age of 27, I cannot grow a proper beard.

Presently, yours truly is pursuing a degree in Microbiology & Molecular Biology at the University of Higher Studies and Such, with an expected graduation date of 2012. Future plans include gaining acceptance into any one of the country's finer medical universities. Yes, a physician I long to be...and, more specifically, my desire is to practice the noble science of neurology. Having just completed my first semester at university, and without having successfully established myself as a worthwhile student, plans are in development should none of the doors to medical school open up to me. Such plans include making that long dreamed-of trek across the ocean to the grand nation of Sweden, where I shall set to work immediately on a Master's degree in my field and perhaps live out the rest of my days.

Be patient, my...friend, as my time here is up, but further details are antsy to be conveyed.

May the grace of He keep you always,

J.O. Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment